POLICIES AND CODES OF CONDUCT
Oakville Basketball Club
PARENT/GUARDIAN’S CODE OF CONDUCT
- Respect the rights, dignity, and worth of others.
- Encourage children to participate if they are interested. If they are not, don’t force them. Remember, children have involved in sports for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Focus on playing the game, reducing the emphasis on winning.
- Help your child to recognize good performance, not just results. Applaud good play by all teams.
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility, especially when dealing with or in the vicinity of persons under 18 years of age, as your words and actions are an example.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Never ridicule or yell at your child and other children for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Accept decisions of all referees as being fair and called to the best of their ability. Do not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities and avoid the use of derogatory language based on gender, race, or impairment.
- Encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own actions and behavior.
- Understand the repercussions if you breach or are aware of any breaches of this code of behavior.