POLICIES AND CODES OF CONDUCT
Oakville Basketball Club
PLAYER’S CODE OF CONDUCT
- Play by the rules as laid down by Oakville Basketball Club and/or your coaches/team managers and/or any league or tournament your team is participating in.
- Show respect for your coaches by listening to/following their instructions, working hard, being on time (for practice/games/tournaments/team functions), and refraining from any disrespectful or insubordinate behavior.
- You are responsible for notifying your coaches if you are unable to attend a practice or game.
- Show respect and support for your teammates. Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player.
- Never argue with an official. It is the right and responsibility of your coaches to address any concerns or issues they may have with an official.
- Never engage in any behavior that will threaten the health, safety, or well-being of another player, parent, spectator, official, and/or coach.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, threats and/or threatening behavior, and deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted.
- Work equally hard for yourself and for your team. Your team will benefit, and so will you.
- Be a good sport. Acknowledge all good plays, whether they are from your team or the other team.
- Play for the “fun of it” and not just to please parents and coaches.
- All players must respect the rights, dignity, and worth of their teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators, regardless of gender, ability, cultural background, or religion.
- Be prepared to lose sometimes. Everyone wins and loses at some time. Be a fair winner and a good loser.